Monday, June 23, 2008

Save the Date! and the whales! and Ferris!

Our Save-the-Dates turned out so beautifully, and Stephanie from Stelie Designs has been an absolute dream to work with. I had a vision and a budget at the beginning of the process, and she has managed to exceed my expectations (that's a major understatement - and I had high expectations!) while staying within the budget. Thank you so much, Stephanie!!

That's Stephanie's original graphic, which has turned out to be inspiration for a lot of the wedding - autumn, Ithaca, apples, nature... you get the picture. We don't want the wedding to be formal but still want it to feel refined, so I thought the paper products should reflect that feeling. We went with a 4x6 postcard for environmental and financial reasons (and are doing the same for RSVPs). After many font searches (thanks, dafont.com!) and text tweaks, here's what we came up with:


blurry computer-screen version; close-up of cream recycled paper. Both images/designs property of Stelie Designs.

I was a little irked that the postage rates went up right before we sent these out (my fault... I was out of town forever), but let's be honest - we wouldn't have saved a big chunk of change. And as it turned out, we got to use these... which go great with our farmers' market theme!







A few perverted friends made comments about the stamps, and that's just fine with me. source

Get ready for the branch graphic to explode on the invitations!


How did you choose your invitations? Did you shop for them, DIY, or have them custom-made?

No comments: