Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Looking for a sign

Our venue is way off the beaten path. Since most guests are coming from out of town (and many of the in-town guests haven't been there), some will be coming in shuttles and others will be driving rental cars. Getting there is fairly straightforward, but it's always good to have a little reinforcement. And the last time I drove out there, I discovered that I didn't get cell phone service for the last mile of the drive from Ithaca. Hmm...

So I'd like to greet our guests with rustic wood signs, kind of like these from the now-Mrs. Penguin of Weddingbee:

Should ours say Cathy + Mark, too?

I'm also interested in finding some vintage or vintage-looking "farmers' market" signs to put around the buffet tables and make our theme a little clearer:

source - looky what came up when I googled "farmers' market sign!"

Here's the problem: I'm totally fighting myself over the cuteness of the theme and Tim's and my aversion to all things cutesy. All right, that's a blatant lie. But I want our wedding to be special and sweet and unique, not cute.

This is SO up Tim's alley! (It might even be a little much for me...)

So I think I'll try my hand at some of the name/direction signs. What do you think about having one that says "T & W's farmers' market" or "T & W's market" near the food? Overboard? Help!

And while I'm here... how much of your wedding's "aesthetic" is yours, and how much is your S.O's? If s/he doesn't really care about creative input, are you taking tastes into consideration, or are you going with things *you* like?

No comments: